Friday 17 February 2012

What is a Graphic Designer?

                 
                  My last entry was about the field of graphic design, and now I have been looking into what a graphic designer actually is!! I could just say that a graphic designer is someone who stresses to get things done on time, or just someone who draws awesome pictures using technologies today like me!, but that wouldn't be 100% true :S

                ....So I have been looking into what we are (as if I was talking about a special type of breed of human!!). Here is a link to a little website that gives a definition to what we are and the skills we use and how we are able to influence others with our mystical powers!

http://www.leonfernandes.com.au/graphic-design/what-is-a-graphic-designer/



Leon Fernandes explains what we do and what we will soon graduate to become!

One of my favourite sayings came from one of my lectures in my first year of university...."If in doubt, paint it RED!" This saying was given to me in reference to graphic design, as we have the ability to change the world with colours, letters and symbols alone! We are able to change peoples views and opinion on simple and pressing issues. Out of all the design fields, I believe that graphic design is the one that will take charge and change the future of our planet for the better.




No comments:

Post a Comment